Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Museum Animatic

This is the first of 4 animatics that I did for a science museum in Miami . I was contacted by the curator and he wanted me to help him with a presentation that he was to give. He wanted to showcase 4 specific times in his life that influenced him to the reasons why he now worked in a museum. Since these are stories of his childhood, I thought I would make them look like old home movies.
I am attaching the script to each animatic because there are intended to each have a running commentary.
Animatic 1. Age 5:
Mary Dawson, a paleontologist at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History welcomed me (with my Dad) as visitors to her paleontology preparation room and specimen collection. She gave me a children’s book she wrote.
• The point: I really knew what a museum is, at least what this museum is – a pretty broad definition for a 5 year old.
• The revelation: What was happening behind the doors was an ongoing process far more fascinating than the static articulated dinosaur skeletons in the exhibit gallery. People DID science behind these doors and had adventures outside these walls.

No comments: